New York and Queens might not be internationally known for quiet and peaceful neighborhoods, but if you think New York is all about the hustle and bustle of the city you would be mistaken. There are in fact a number of pristine residential areas that offer accommodations unlike any you’ll find just about anywhere in the country. Arverne by the Sea is a residential real estate project headed by two of the most respected land development and real estate companies in New York. The homes have been built to the highest standard with a mind for efficient living and environmental responsibility. They focused on both saving energy and saving anyone from the first time home buyer to the investor a lot of money compared to the greater New York area.
The neighborhoods as well are expertly planned, offering an array of activities one would sooner expect to find in more urbanized areas, while ensuring residents experience a more serene rural lifestyle—close to shopping centers and commercial areas but also known for great schools, a short trip to a couple of the nicest beaches in all of New York while at the same time an easy commute to the city, parks, restaurants and all sorts of recreation.
Here are some of the things you will want to take a close look at when choosing a specific home in the area:
1. Insulation – It is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Well cold in the winter may be an understatement. To make sure you can stay comfortable year round it is absolutely essential your home has great insulation. This will save you tons of money on your energy bills as well, since in most instances heating and cooling are the costliest energy items.
2. Fireplace – Their not just for romance, fireplaces, can save a lot of money on your heating bill. When your family is gathered in the living room try turning the heat off and the fireplace on.
3. Water heater – Every home needs one, but not every home has an efficient one. The newer water heaters have evolved from the old in leaps and bounds. They supply more hot water, for longer, while at the same time costing way less to heat that water. An efficient water heater will save you a ton in the long run.
4. Heating in general – Check the ducts and make sure they are adequate for heating the amount of space in the home. Also be sure they are clear of debris otherwise you are wasting money. Also check the model of the heater. Like water heaters many of the newer models are far more efficient.
5. Electric system – Whenever moving people tend to become shocked at the number of things they have plugged in. Make sure there are enough outlets, have the inspector make note that the wiring is good, and be sure the main circuit break reads a minimum 100 amps.
Arverne by the Sea has developed some of the highest quality, most efficient Two Family homes near NYC. Visit one of our models today.