Despite the economy, now is actually an excellent time to buy a new home. As a matter of fact you likely won’t find houses this inexpensive again anytime soon. Indeed for anyone actually looking for a place to live or who is looking for a smart long term investment, independent sources and professional realtors alike agree, now is the best time.
What to look for in a new home in the New York area though? While there are a number of great deals out there, there are also pitfalls to beware of. Are you really getting what you are promised? Is your bank loan everything it seems? There are many things you should look for, but here are a few important ones:
1. Structure – We all take for granted that a house is well-built, unfortunately this is not always the case. Make sure the developer is trusted and has a great reputation in the area they build in. Arverne By The Sea is a joint venture between two of the most trusted developers in the state The Beechwood Organization and Benjamin Companies.
2. Property runoff – You probably waited for a bright and sunny afternoon to go home shopping. What could be better right? It is when the rain is pouring however when you want to be sure everything has been properly constructed. Make sure gutters are intact and point away from the home and make sure the property slopes so that water runs off the land instead of pooling around your walls.
3. Roof – If the home you are building is not new make sure to have the roof inspected. Roofs can often lead to costly problems if they are old or not properly maintained.
4. General workmanship – Tiles set properly, molding that doesn’t have mold, and how is the paint?
5. Fixtures – We’re talking about sinks, bathtubs, faucets etc. Make sure there are no leaks and that everything works properly.
If you are looking for a home near New York City, Arverne Queens may be an excellent area. With new beautifully constructed homes at the Arverne by the Sea community you may find just what you are looking for.