Life at any resort community would not be complete without a great selection of conveniently located dining experiences. Arverne by the Sea, in Rockaway Beach, Queens exemplifies that notion. Even the most adventuresome diner will be satisfied with the diverse culinary choices that exist only minutes away. Most of these establishments are family friendly and welcome the young foodies too.
The Rockaway Beach area has such a great selection of different eateries that one could dine out every week of the year and never eat at the same place twice. Here are five excellent examples of the best places to eat in the Rockaway area of Queens.
- The Rock NYC – A relative newcomer to the area, the Rock NYC has already left a great impression with both the local and not so local clientele. It has a NYC upscale look but a more laid back attitude to fit the local beach scene. The menu is eclectic, featuring a tapas bar along with dishes like kale and quinoa salad, empanadas, and Greek lamb meatballs. Beer and wine are also available.
- Whit’s End – Named after its quirky owner Whitney, this eatery is said by many to serve the best artisan pizza in New York, which is a tough reputation to live up to. Diners make the trip from Long Island and Manhattan to savor handmade pizza such as artichoke and lemon ricotta, pistachio pesto and, of course, the traditional pizza margherita from a wood fired brick oven.
- Uma’s – This Eurasian influenced dining spot offers such fair as bichakis, chewy crusted pastry filled with different ingredients such as squash and greens, stuffed cabbage, kabobs and borscht. The atmosphere is urban chic with an industrial feel, featuring exposed brick, tin ceilings and fixtures with bare light bulbs. It is a great place for kids to experience different tastes.
- Caracas Arepa Bar – This Venezuelan Restaurant is located right on the Boardwalk in Rockaway Beach. They offer the traditional Arepa which is shredded beef, sweet plantains, black beans and crumbled cheese. Also on the menu are several different empanadas, taro fries and plantains with cheese. Kids will love the selection of tropical smoothies and chocolate covered bananas.
- Bungalow Bar and Restaurant – Located at the end of the Cross Bay Bridge this hideaway offers panoramic views from its outdoor deck on the water. The food is straightforward seafood, steaks and burgers prepared simply and honestly. There is a full bar that offers cold pitchers of mixed drinks al fresco. A great place to relax and enjoy a view, day or night.
Life at Arverne by the Sea leaves nothing to be desired for the individual, couple or family that lives to eat. Aside from the small cross section mentioned above, there are countless other choices just minutes from your beachfront home. 301 Chinese offers some of the best Chinese food anywhere, Rippers is well known for its burgers, Thai Kitchen By The Sea offers delicious, authentic Thai food. The choices are virtually unlimited.
To really experience all of the culinary adventures that await you, right near your Arverne by the Sea beachfront home, get out and explore the neighborhood. You will be amazed at what you find right here in Queens.