Who doesn’t love a great diner? Known for their casual atmosphere, 24/7 service, excellent pricing (by NY standards at least) and coffee or pancakes whenever you like, you’ll find diners on nearly every corner throughout New York City in the Queens area. Choosing one can be difficult with so many options. We’ve come up with a list of some of the more highly recommended, non-formal-leave-your-jacket-at-home no reservation necessary eateries in the Queens New York area.
1. Bel-Aire Diner – Located on 3791 21st St, Queens, NY in Astoria, Bel-Aire has a long list of favorite items and is frequented by visitors and locals alike. They are open at all hours and every day of the week. They are kid friendly, do take reservations if you feel the need and are available for delivery. They serve a Greek, American menu next to typical diner items. Plates range from $10 to $20 per plate.
2. Neptune Diner – You’ll find this vintage diner at 3105 Astoria Blvd, Queens, NY in the Astoria area. It’s a perfect stop for a quick and cheap meal; most dishes are under $10. They serve a classic diner menu with a Greek twist, plus decent coffee most of the time. They are open every day of the week, until the wee hours of the morning.
3. Georgia Diner Restaurant – Head to the Elmhurst area; 8655 Queens Blvd. Ste 55, Queens, NY for some fantastic southern American cuisine—New York style of course. They have a variety of great subs and sandwiches as well as several excellent entrees and other specialties. They are open for breakfast, lunch and diner. Casual and clean and fairly inexpensive, most meals ranging from $10 to $20 a plate.
4. Tower Diner – The beautiful Forest Hills and Rego Park area is a great place to visit, and it is also home to a very nice little corner diner called Tower Diner. 9895 Queens Blvd, Queens, NY; this diner is open most of the day and night and features a classic and authentic diner menu, 100% American. Along with some excellent food, it is very affordable, entrees ranging from $10 to $20 each most of the time.
5. Shalimar – Another gem of Forest Hills and the Rego Park area, Shalimar is located at 6368 Austin St. Queens NY 11374. This diner is a classic of the area, if hard to find so make sure you have your GPS or a friend who knows the way. They serve an American classic diner menu, specializing in Breakfast and Brunch items, even available late. Who doesn’t love breakfast in the evening? They are open 7 days a week until late at night. Shalimar is also very affordable, ranging from $10 to $20 in most cases.
New York is a great place to experience all kinds of dining; the trick is finding the right place to eat. There are tons of diners so keep an eye out for more great places to eat when you are in Queens, NY. While you are in the Queens area be sure to check out our Queens Homes For Sale at Arverne By The Sea.